Not from Canada or the US? Click here


The opportunity to work in the Australia agriculture industry is an exciting way to broaden ones knowledge of agriculture on an international scale, learn a great deal about the Australian culture, and have an amazing unforgettable experience amongst people who will become lifelong friends.

Our service to employees is all FREE!

If you have thought about international work and travel but never known where to start then you have found the right place. Craig has extensive travel experience and is here to mentor you through the entire process. We keep it as simple as possible without leaving anything out, as you will see it is simply a step by step process.

Click here to download a “Step by Step Guide to Work in Australia” PDF

1. Complete the Application Form below.

  • Include as much information as possible such as intended travel dates and how long you wish to work in Australia for.
  • Attach your resume, at least two references, and two photos that best personify your character.
  • You will be contacted by Craig upon receipt of this form to discuss your options.

2. Apply for a passport.

  • Allow 2 – 3 weeks.
  • Passports must be valid for a minimum of 2 years and six months to apply for your Visa.
  • Visit and complete a “Passport Application Form,” attach required documentation including passport photos, and lodge it at Passport Canada, Service Canada or Canada Post.

3. Apply for your Working Holiday Permit.   

If you need assistance or have any questions about completing your Visa application, please don’t hesitate to contact Craig.

4. Enquire about flights and travel insurance.

  • We STRONGLY suggest, and in some cases you must, take out Travel Insurance.
  • We use and recommend Travelcuts for cheap airfares and affordably priced travel insurance.    
  • Upon confirmation from Craig that we have a position for you in Australia, you will need to go ahead and book and pay for your flights.
  • Please forward your flight details on to Craig AND your employer.

5. Obtain an International Driving Permit

  • From the Canadian Automobile Association (CAA)
  • You will be permitted to drive any vehicle, whilst in Australia, for which you are licensed in Canada for the first three months.
  • After three months you will be considered a resident of the State in which you are residing and will need to obtain a Drivers Licence for that State.

The Three Essentials to Work in Australia.

  • A Tax File Number (TFN)
    • This is the same as your Social Insurance Number in Canada.
    • You can begin your application online here but you may need to sign and send a form away when you get here, check with your employer.
  • An Australian Bank Account.
    • Like Canada, there are a number of banks in Australia and all have their benefits.
    • We suggest you wait until you get to your job and open an account with the same bank as your employer as they will often have a good relationship with a local branch.
  • A mobile phone.
    • In Australia, there are a number of service providers, so it best to wait until you are at your place of employment and obtain a phone that will have coverage there.
    • You will not pay to receive calls in Australia and all mobile numbers start with “04” so there are not area codes for mobiles like there is in Canada.
    • Some employers will issue you with a phone for local and work use.
    • SKYPE or international calling cards are the cheapest way to call home.

Further information on the steps above can be found on our FAQ’s page or by contacting Craig. We are here to help, so please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Employee Expression of Interest Form

*First Name:
*Last Name:
Phone Home:
Phone Cell/Mobile:
*Prov/State:  *Post Code:
*Date of Birth:

Please specify how you found out about Positive Perfection and Cascade Recruitment:

Intended Travel Dates: to
  DD/MM/YY         DD/MM/YY
Would you like to work in Australia or Canada? Australia        Canada
How long do you intend to work in Australia?
Passport: I have one and it is current for at least 2 years.
It needs to be renewed
I have applied for one
I don’t have one
Working Holiday Visa Status: Has been approved
Have applied
Have not applied
Have you booked your flights? Yes
I have made inquires
Have you purchased travel insurance? Yes
I have made inquires
Do you have your International Driving Permit: Yes
Cover Letter:
Photo 1:
Photo 2:
Reference 1 (include phone number):
Reference 2 (include phone number):